There are 2 things in the world that I can eat like an apple (other than an apple). You know just pick on up, wash it off, and go for it. Tomatoes and avocados. If I'm feeling fancy, I may throw some salt and pepper on them. Delish.
It is only natural that homemade chunky guacamole is very near and dear to my heart. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I have known several people who have HATED guacamole until they tried my recipe. True story.
If you are buying that stuff in the produce section that comes in the box, please stop. Homemade guacamole will knock your socks off. And you won't have to squeeze it out of a plastic bag, which is just...awkward.
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- chili powder to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- 1Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 2Using a fork, mash ingredients until desired consistency is achieved.
- 3Add lime juice, gently stirring in until combined.
- 4Note: Like a spicier dip? Don't remove all the jalapeno seeds and add chili powder to taste.