Monday, November 7, 2011

Sponsor Spotlight Interview {Pineapple Lily}

Meet Melissa from Pineapple Lily




1. Can you tell us a little about yourself? I'm a wife {to Brandon}, a mommy {to Holland, Berkli and Zeke} I'm silly and I'm kinda hippy. I say random things, I have a tendency to be scatter brained, but in a good way. {Is their a good way?} My faith determines every choice I make, personally, publicly, politically, you name it. My favorite number is 26...thought you might like to know that. 


2. How you first got involved in with blogging?
 I have always tried to have personal blogs for the kids photos and mile stones, but I never did well at those. I finally started following some really great blogs and saw that you could make it a "career" of sorts. I did tons of research and dove right in. It's been so fun!


3. What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topic? 
Oh gosh, I am so random that I have found my niche is having no niche at all! When I get random ideas I just write them down and then go back to them when I am planning out my week. I also use my photos I take as a jumping off point. It helps a lot. 


4. Tell me about some of the people you’ve met while working on your blog? 
Well, other than you...which is totally awesome btw...I have meet some really great woman. Jessica from Morrison Lane has become a wonderful friend. I am so shocked I actually am gaining GOOD friends through this. When I started, that was not even a thought!


5. How would (someone) describe your blogging style? 
Hmmm...I hope they say it's fun! That's even my tag line...that would be sad if it wasn't. haha!


6. What do you do when you aren’t working on your blog? 
Well, I like to multi task so I am actually taking care of my kids and working on my blog...good parenting. I know. 


7 .Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why? 
First and for most I am a full time mommy. But I really look at my blog as being my "other" job. 


8. What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging business? 
Honestly, I am still learning this one. I try and link up as much as possible, comment on other blogs and also hosting giveaways helps. However, I want readers who ACTUALLY want to read my blog. Not just someone who wants to win a prize. So it's tricky. I can get back to you when I figure it out. =) 


9. How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? Many people struggle with coming up with different articles/posts and they only have one blog. 
I just remind myself that it is MY blog. Who am I? What do I like to read? I know that I don't have much time to read long posts so I tend to keep my posts shorter and full of pictures. But that's just ME! =) I find taking pictures helps a lot to get the creative juices flowing. 


10. What would you prioritize? Content? SEO? Traffic? Readers? 
Well, you're nothing without content so I would say that's first. Then your readers come next...after that the others are all about the same. I will say that a good way to keep SEO active is by having a relevant post title. I am not the best at that b/c I tend to have post titles that are attention grabbing and not so much search engine compatible. 


11. What’s the best thing a blogger can give to her readers?
 Honesty. Cold, hard honesty. But at the same time you don't want to be a Debbie Downer. Be an upbeat honest person. ha!


12. What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your blog?
 Swap sponsoring has been a huge help!


13 What was the most challenging moment in your blog content development process and why? 
Uhhh...  I really feel like I am still doing this. I hope to be ever changing and evolving. I want to be relevant and totally myself. And this is so hard sometimes b/c I start thinking about my readers and what they want and I have to stop myself. You need a good balance. Know what kind of reader you have but at the same time keep true to yourself and your interests. The readers will come!


14. Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why? 
Fave: http://www.pineapplelilyblog.com/2011/10/our-trip-to-dallas-wordlessish.html 
Because it was the first post with my new camera and I LOVE the pictures. It captures our family so well.

Least Fave: I'm not telling. HAHAHA...actually it is just my first few posts that I did...I was learning. I had a crap camera. And I didn't know how to keep my layout consistent with my width of photos etc... 

15. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why? 
You can find my list of favorite "big girl blogs" HERE


16. If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest? 
Have fun!! Honestly, a blog is a reflection of YOU! It has no rules...although...I WILL say, don't be a blogger who asks people to follow you. That's not cool. 

Thank you Allison!!! That was a great interview!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and try my hardest to respond to them all! With the newest addition of embedded comments, I usually reply to your comments directly on my blog. So make sure you come back for my response or subscribe to comment replies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...