Thursday, August 18, 2011

Keeping it on the DL

I read something the other day..."if you must talk about money and power you probably don't have any." I guess I subconsciously applied that to my fitness. In July I took my measurements (which I have NEVER done) and weight. I documented them and 30 days from then I was going to do it again. I can proudly say I didn't step on my scale between those 2 dates and could not have been more pleased with the results. So much so that I decided to continue for 30 more days. My husband also chose to take his measurements when he saw my results...that's what I told myself anyway. I would share them with you but I don't have them on me. I will, though!

I have been working out 4-5 times a week with help of one of the best apps for Android.

Courtesy Jefit.

I can build, manage, and organize all my workouts from my phone or computer. I can choose my exercises, put them in the order I like with custom rest times between sets! Its fabulous! 

Last night I did chest and triceps:

Close Triceps Pushup
Bent Arm Dumbbell Pullover
Dumbbell Lying Supine Two Arm Triceps Extension
Dumbbell Incline Fly
Dumbbell Tate Press
Dumbell Fly
Around the Worlds

I also did abs, but that's for another post. I skipped my normal elliptical training because I was running around outside all day in the oh...I don't know, 105 degree heat? Let's just say I worked up a good sweat. Gross. 

I finished my workout with a delicious protein smoothie. 

1/4 cup 1% Horizon Organic Chocolate Milk (I've read MANY times how studies show chocolate milk is a great after workout option)
1/4 cup Silk Original Coconut Milk
1/4 cup Brown Cow Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 scoop of peanut butter
8-12 ice cubes

YUM! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and try my hardest to respond to them all! With the newest addition of embedded comments, I usually reply to your comments directly on my blog. So make sure you come back for my response or subscribe to comment replies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...