Tuesday, May 31, 2011

McWhat?

I have this problem....with food. You see, yesterday (Memorial Day) I worked just like it was a regular Monday. Being a holiday, the store bought lunch for the staff. As noon rolled around, I could hear people talking about food. At this point I was starving (I skipped my mid-morning snack in hopes that lunch would arrive early), and when I approached the lunch counter...what did I find? Bags and bags of McDonalds. Double cheeseburgers, chicken sandwiches, and hot apple pies. I was so hungry I grabbed a burger and a pie and literally swallowed them whole. I then convinced myself that I was still hungry and choked down another burger. What is wrong with me???

I felt AWFUL all day. Greasy...artery clogged....and lethargic. I kept internally beating myself up all day and night and knew I had made an irresponsible, impulse decision based on emotions.

Today is a new day. Today I have decided to make better choices.

So far...

Breakfast at 6:40: Kashi Cinnamon Harvest with 1/4 of a banana (Shhh, don't tell my husband, I stole it from his Cheerios), and a handful of blackberries.

Morning Snack at 10:00: 2 Wasa Light 'n Crisp crackers, 2 wedges of Laughing Cow cheese, a snack sized baggy of carrots, and an apple.

Lunch: Lunch will be a quinoa and vegetable salad. Cooked quinoa with sauted yellow, red, orange, and jalapeƱo peppers, yellow onion, and mushrooms. Yum. And a Brown Cow greek yogurt.

Afternoon Snack: An orange and 100 calorie pack of natural almonds.

Dinner: I have a beef roast in the crock pot cooking away for BBQ beef sandwiches, baked beans, and...some veggie.

I have aspirations to do some cardio of some kind and maybe a Ripped in 30 session. I will log my progress tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and try my hardest to respond to them all! With the newest addition of embedded comments, I usually reply to your comments directly on my blog. So make sure you come back for my response or subscribe to comment replies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...