Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Guest Post {Raising Dieter}


Please welcome Shay from Raising Dieter! I absolutely love her guest post! Christmas activities that are family friendly!





1. Go and see Christmas lights or a Nativity.
This is fun activity for all ages! Most cities have lights so bundle up and stay warm (unless your in the South of course.)


2. Read a Christmas story.
Whether your reading chapters from Luke, The Christmas Jars, A Christmas Carol, or Peef the Christmas Bear (my favorite children's Christmas story.) It is always so nice to turn of the electronics and simply listen to a great story!


3. Play games.
Who doesn't like to play games? My son loves it when we play Yahtzee. Settlers of Catan is a favorite for me and Kimball right now. There are so many fun games to play. We have a tradition where we get a game every Christmas Eve. This year it is going to be Quirkle.

4. Make some treats.
The kitchen is always a place to involve the whole family. My husband has been asking me to make cookies for a while (I have put it off until now.) This is my favorite recipe of sugar cookies. They are always soft.

Directions

1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter
3 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt

-Cream butter and sugar together. Then add vanilla, egg, and sour cream. Continue to mix until smooth.
-Add soda, salt, and half of the flour. Stir into above mixture and then slowly stir in remaining flour.
-Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
-Place on buttered cookie sheet (I use a stone) and bake for 8-10 minutes at 375° (My first couple of batches take around 12 minutes on the stone).

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

-Cream the softened cream cheese: blend with butter.
-Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat well.

I hope your enjoy your holidays! This is such a special time of year! Come by and visit me at Raising Dieter!  :) Shay

1 comment:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and try my hardest to respond to them all! With the newest addition of embedded comments, I usually reply to your comments directly on my blog. So make sure you come back for my response or subscribe to comment replies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...