Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hibernation Season

Tomorrow is "Food Day" at the office. I am always really torn about food day because you have no idea where the food came from (read: cats on the kitchen counter) but, some of the best food I have ever eaten has come from a potluck. And by best, I mean I stuff my face until I can't move.

Wanna know what I'm making? Probably not, but I'm going to tell you anyway. If there was one day you wished you worked with me, tomorrow is it. See below.

Brownie Batter Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes


See, I told you. 

Now, since we all gained weight just by looking at it, let's talk fitness! This time of year is usually my weight gain season. (See above.) Practicing portion control is key during the winter months. All of the potlucks, holiday feasts, and desserts make it hard to stay on track. I don't know about you, but as a full time working mom, I'm exhausted by the time I get home, make dinner, and get Austin to sleep. 

What tips and tricks do you use during the long winter months? 


4 comments:

EvA. . . said...

oh my gosh!!! that looks so stinken good girl :) I know it's so hard not to over eat during the Holidays but i have found, like you said, that portion is key!!! Who said you can't try a little bit of this and a little bit of that!??! just be careful and eat a bite of the things you like! LOrd willing we'll do great! lol

Lauren said...

I tend to eat less in the winter because I feel a little more "down" with the cold... but then again I love around less, so it tends to even out and I don't have a problem with it. I guess it also helps I don't live with my parents where huge meals are the norm :)

Amee said...

Hi, I am now following you through GFC from madamedeals.com please come by and follow me back.

Thank you
Amee

Stesha said...

yummy! I want that! I am been struggling with trying to not eat everything bad for me this time of year.... however not going so well! haha

xo
Classic & Bubbly

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and try my hardest to respond to them all! With the newest addition of embedded comments, I usually reply to your comments directly on my blog. So make sure you come back for my response or subscribe to comment replies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...