Wednesday, October 5, 2011

YouVersion {Worship Wednesday}

Hi!


These days, many of us have a smart phone. And if you don't...welcome to 2011. Just kidding. No, but really...let me know before you upgrade and I can give you some tips.

Anyway, there are a million apps out there that are available through Apple, Android, and whatever Blackberry uses. Some are quite useful and some are just plain useless. I think AT&T totally made a commercial about that. People are always on their phone, texting, surfing the net, Facebooking, you name it...and its all done at convenient times. Like say, today while I was getting a pedicure, this morning as I was eating breakfast, or that really awkward situation where you need to look busy to look like you are important (this totally has never happened to me.)

In addition, many people want to read their Bible more. I know I do. So, Lifechurch.tv (the church we have called home for a few years now) developed a great solution for both.


YouVersion

YouVersion is a wonderful, FREE application that has been downloaded 22 million times. You can access the Bible in 113 versions and 41 different languages. Once you create an account, it can be used on your smart phone, tablet, or computer. You can read at your own pace, or start one of the many reading plans. And no joke, when I get super tired at night...I have the YouVersion application on our iPad READ the Bible to me. You can bookmark, highlight, and even make notes about scripture. 

As I mentioned above, when I went for my pedicure today I pulled out my phone and thought

 "What should I do to keep my mind off the certifiably south Asian torture I am receiving??"

I started to look through my applications and saw the Bible and knew exactly what I was going to do. I was able to get through 2 of my reading plan assignments for today! 

2 Timothy 3:16-17  "All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work."



In other breaking news, look what I found?!?!?!?!


PUMPKIN SPICE BAGELS



The day I brought them home, I had one for dinner. There are a few left in the pantry but oooohhh yum. There are little pockets of  pumpkin throughout the bagel! Topped with cream cheese? Sounds like the perfect dinner.

2 comments:

Andrea @ Decorating Cents said...

Wow, I'm going to look for this app. I always say I have trouble understanding KJV.

Allison said...

KJV is like reading Chinese sometimes! I really like that you can switch over to another version to read the scripture in a different translation. It helps me understand what in the world I'm reading!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and try my hardest to respond to them all! With the newest addition of embedded comments, I usually reply to your comments directly on my blog. So make sure you come back for my response or subscribe to comment replies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...