....is why I am ridiculed for my eating style.
|Pictsweet Deluxe Sides baby vegetables, Morningstar Farms black bean burger, brown rice, and Babybel Sharp Cheddar cheese...all at work...recipe for disaster.|
....is why we have Boston Terriers.
Ok, enough of that. I wanted to share a little DIY project I finished last weekend. Inspired by:
This was a really easy project and I am very happy with the way it turned out.
2 large flower pots (the older the better)
Spray paint (one color to paint your pots with and a clear coat)
Coarse or extra course sandpaper
Here is what I started with, 2 gray pots. Exciting, huh?
I chose a metallic, almost bronze color paint. I covered it two coats of spray paint. The coats don't have be perfectly even, as you will be using the sandpaper and steel wool to distress the pots once dry.
I know the can says it dries in 10 minutes or less, but I let mine dry for a few hours (aka I totally forgot about them because our house becomes a circus around dinner time.)
Once dry, I distressed them with really, not a lot of effort. I totally forgot to grab some pictures during the day, but here is how they turned out and what I did with them!
|I added these to the front porch with my Fall Wreath.|
|And Pottery Barn Pumpkins...|
|And spider welcome mat from Crate and Barrel.|
Please visit my link parties page to see who I linked up with this week!