Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekend Review

Well...overall I would say my weekend was good. Our entire house has been "under the weather" the past few days. My husband suffers from HORRIBLE allergies year round. I mean AWFUL. We keep Kleenex and Zyrtec in business. I don't know if we were all suffering from allergies considering this summer has made The Grapes of Wrath look like a cakewalk, or if there is some sort of summer cold going around. Friday evening and Saturday were mostly spent laying around and taking lots of meds. My husband left to do his Saturday night RC races (who knew this even existed??) and bambino and I headed to Wal-Mart.

I felt pretty defeated after that trip and made it home just in time to get the groceries put up while making a quick dinner (new recipe soon!) After getting Austin to bed, I killed some Nyquil and vitamin C and may or may not pinned myself to sleep.

Sundays and cinnamon rolls have become a popular duo the past few weeks....why break that fabulous tradition? Overall, I think everyone was feeling much better so we headed to my parent's house to drop off my brother's birthday gift. Meanwhile I had some PW's Spicy Beans bubbling away. These were fantastic. She recently posted this recipe and well, with my obsession with Fall, I felt they were appropriate...with cornbread. Y-U-M.

Needless to say, after what I thought was a quick recovery, I started to feel yucky again today. I woke up with a splitting headache. Ouch. I fumbled my way through the dark (and wouldn't let myself look at the clock so I could convince myself it was only midnight) for some Excedrin and by the time I did a little new employee training (gave, not received) outside today, I feel gross.

I didn't workout at all this weekend and I was hoping to squeeze in a good one tonight. Besides, its trashy Bachelor Pad night!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and try my hardest to respond to them all! With the newest addition of embedded comments, I usually reply to your comments directly on my blog. So make sure you come back for my response or subscribe to comment replies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...