Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mustard Seeds

After my sick hiatus, I was more than ready to get a good workout in. Last night I did shoulders and legs...I hate legs. 

But before working out, we worked on learning to brush our teeth!








I just love him. :)

My nightly Bible study has been over Matthew. Last night covered Matthew 13:18-33:

18 "Listen then to what the parable of the sower means:19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path.20 The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy.21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful.23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown."

I started to think, what seed am I? A lot of the time I feel like the seed that fell on rocky ground with no root. I didn't exactly come from any kind of Christian background. How do you know when you have built a solid foundation? A faith that has deep, strong roots that will keep you grounded? How long does that take? Am I still in that "building" stage? A lot of the Bible is up for interpretation, so do we ever really grasp total understanding? These are questions I am praying about. 


1 comment:

Calvin said...

I absolutely love your blog. What a beautiful, spiritual, Christian woman. Your family is fantastic and I stumbled unto your site by accident. But I've been here like the last 30 minutes. You are fantastic. There is nothing I value more than a Christian woman with wisdom and your site reflects that. You rock. Subscribed.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and try my hardest to respond to them all! With the newest addition of embedded comments, I usually reply to your comments directly on my blog. So make sure you come back for my response or subscribe to comment replies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...