Thursday, March 17, 2011

Today is the day.








Today is the day I finally decided to start blogging. It's been on my mind and heart for a while. I always struggled with a name, or sometimes I would think, "I'm wayyyy to lame to have anything to write about." Either way, I figured if no one ever read my blog, at least it would a place for me to become accountable as well as an excellent place to sort life out!


My blog name came to me the other day. I've always had a deep yearning to take care of myself (mind and body) and I have a deep passion for food. Good food. Lots and lots of food. Its such a large part of my life and cooking has been a wonderful skill my family has passed down to me. End ramble. In a conversation with my husband about how exercising and eating right are so important to me, I shared with him how I strongly feel that by not taking care of the body our Father has given us translates to disrespect (to me anyway, I certainly didn't go to any seminary school...) I DO however, feel it also strongly translates to feeding yourself spiritually as well. These are 2 truths that resonate in me, soo.....here's my outlet! 


If you are here, I'm glad you are joining me. I will be sharing my daily life of working full-time, being a new mom and new wife, as well as some of my relationship with my Savior and many cooking adventures. 


1 Corinthians 6:19, The Message ('cause that's how I roll) 
Or didn't you realize that your body is a sacred place, the place of the Holy Spirit? Don't you see that you can't live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for? The physical part of you is not some piece of property belonging to the spiritual part of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and try my hardest to respond to them all! With the newest addition of embedded comments, I usually reply to your comments directly on my blog. So make sure you come back for my response or subscribe to comment replies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...