1. If you aren't a crazy blogger like me, you might have not known that as of yesterday Google Friend Connect (GFC) was discontinued for all non-Blogger blogs. See that blue JOIN THIS SITE button over there (scroll down a bit) ---->>>
What does that mean? If you don't use Blogger (Google's Blogging Platform), then Google users (G+ or gmail accounts) can't follow your blog through those accounts. Why did it go away? Well, because Google+ replaced it. This-in my opinion, is just Google trying to shove Google+ down our throats.
To be honest, before I was a blogger and just a blog reader, I had NO idea what GFC was. I always subscribed via email or in Google Reader. Everyone on Blogger obsesses over their GFC numbers, when really its just another button for people to push. When you hit that button, new blog entries go into this black hole of weird Blogger reader space. No one really uses that. Seriously. I am considering getting rid of GFC on my blog. I know many bloggers who have, just to get rid of a useless stat. If you like my blog and want to stay connected., I would suggest subscribing by email or in the reader of your choice.
With that all said, what are your thoughts? Keep in mind, clicking FOLLOW in the top left hand corner of the page does the EXACT same thing as JOIN THIS SITE. So you still have the option of using Blogger's reader.
2. Speaking of stats, I had a record month. Thanks to YOU! My bounce rate has decreased significantly! It is actually right where I want it! I also had 88,000+ page views with an all time record of 10,000+ in ONE day! You are all such a blessing and show me that this is exactly what I am supposed to be doing.
3. My aunt text me this week asking me how her friends could subscribe to my blog. That made me very happy. It is really nice to have that kind of support.
4. Things only sisters can understand.
5. A Lenten Prayer for Friday
Creator of my Life,
renew me: bring me to new life in you.
Touch me and make me feel whole again.
Help me to see your love
in the passion, death and resurrection of your son.
Help me to observe Lent
in a way that allows me to celebrate that love.
Prepare me for these weeks of Lent
as I feel both deep sorrow for my sins
and your undying love for me.